AT CITY CHURCH OUR MISSION IS TO
SAVE SOULS – DISCIPLE BELIEVERS – TRAIN LEADERS.
The internship programme allows us to outwork the last part of that mission – training leaders. If God has called you to leadership, the internship programme is a great way to ready yourself, and outwork the gift that is on your life. It is as we serve, that we allow the Lord to shape and mould His call on our life.
The City Church Internship is a solid pathway to service within the Kingdom of God. It is an exciting way to grow and enlarge your spiritual capacity, and get some practical training for the future God has for you. As interns, we learn by studying and through partnering and serving in specific ministry areas within the life of City Church.
We invite you to be a part of this incredbile journey.
The Local Church Certificate in Christian Ministries – Level 4 course is designed to provide students with the ability to live an effective Christian life, communicate the Gospel, and serve their community. This course will train potential leaders in a range of Christian ministry activities relevant to the local chuch, Christian organisation, and/or workplace.
INVEST SOME TIME | DISCOVER YOUR GIFTS | GROW THE KINGDOM
This course has eight 15 credit papers and the complete course totals 120 credits
Course subjects include:
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Christian Worldview
- Christian Discipleship
- Introduction to Evangelism
- Christian Leadership
- Fieldwork 1 & 2
For entry into this course it is expected that the student is a committed Christian and actively involved in the local church.
General entry requirements:
- A completed student application form.
- Two references
i. From a local church pastor or leader and
ii. From another Christian leader unrelated to yourself.
- A successful interview with the City Church Management Team.
- Satisfactory completion of Year 13 is recommended but students without this formal educational level will be considered. Minimum entry age is 17 years.
- Satisfactory literacy and numeracy skills.
- Students should, in good conscience, be able to subscribe to the Assemblies of God statement of beliefs.
- Students should have access to a computer and have basic computing skills including the ability to use a word processing package at an elementary level and be able to access the internet.
The internship is a minimum one year full time commitment and run from early February to mid December coinciding with the local school term dates.
Course fees for full time students are: $2000
Other costs throughout the year may include textbooks, retreats, excurisons, or missions trips.
The course entails an average of 4-7 hours per week of class contact and private study time for each subject. Internship obligations, which include Practical Hours and Serving are additional.
A wide variety of training methods will be used. Training may be conducted through:
- Lectures, presentations, demonstrations
- Interactive discussions
- Group participation
- Individual tutorials
- Practical skills exercises
- Individual projects
- Research into literature and other resources
- Audio/visual presentations
- Participation in conferences and seminars
- Visits to local Christian ministry centres
- Use of guest speakers
- Role plays and simulations
Actual delivery modes and training and assessment materials are adapted as needed in order to meet the needs of a diverse range of students. This will be done on a subject by subject basis in consultation with the trainer.
Alphacrucis (NZ) is registered by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under the provisions of the Education Act 1989 to provide education and training based on the National Qualifications Framework.
All NZQA accredited courses are NZQA approved or pending approval. ALPHACRUCIS (NZ) is a signatory to the Code of Practice for the Pastoral care of Internatonal Students.
2017 Course Dates
SEMESTER TWO (MID-YEAR Intake – Applications close 7 June followed by an interview)
Term 3 (10 weeks)
Tuesday 25th July to Friday 29th September
Term 4 (9 weeks)
Tuesday 17th October to Friday 15th December
For more information on internships please contact us